The 2005 Legislature created the Capital Projects Advisory Review Board (CPARB) under ESHB 1830 (RCW 39.10) to review alternative public works contracting procedures and provide guidance to state policymakers on ways to further enhance the quality, efficiency and accountability of public works contracting methods. CPARB and many stakeholders contributed to significant changes to RCW 39.10 that the 2007 Legislature enacted.
Current meeting information
The next meeting is scheduled for May 8, 2014, 9:00 a.m. - noon
2014 Meeting Scheduling
- September 11
- November 13
- December 11
None at this time
None at this time
Reports, Guidelines & Accomplishments
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis and Energy Efficiency Report
- Sunset Review Performance Summary to JLARC
- Project Data Analysis Report, 05/11, Approved by CPARB 09/11
- Job Order Contracts Summary 8/12
- Proposed Legislation in 2011 - HB 1970 & 1971
- Bills passed in 2010: HB 6041 Concerning an alternative process for selecting an electrical contractor or a mechanic contractor, or both for general contractor/construction mangers projects.
- Optimizing Efficiency in Capital Project Delivery within Current Washington Public Works Statutes, 11/23/09, Approved by CPARB 12/10/09
- Guidelines to the Project Review Committee for Evaluation of Design Build Operate Maintain (DBOM) Projects, Approved by CPARB 11/09
- Stadium Developer Model Task Force Report to the Washington State Legislature, 09/09
- 2009 Legislation: CPARB successfully recommended improvements in public works contracting including: HB 1195 payment of undisputed claims, HB 1196 increasing Small Works Roster project dollar limits, HB 1197 alternative public works changes, and HB 1199 regarding retainage of funds on public works projects.
- CPARB's Suggested Guidelines for Bidder Responsibility (revised 01/12)
Review of Legislation Status