Weather permitting, sidewalk repairs begin Oct. 3 on the Capitol Campus to fix public safety hazards.
Sidewalk repairs will be made at the following locations:
- Capitol Way and Sid Snyder Ave.
- 11th Ave. and Capitol Way
- 11th Ave. and Washington Street, near the Natural Resources Building.
A small sinkhole in the Pritchard parking lot will also be repaired.
The plan is for all three sidewalk areas to be worked on concurrently. The work is expected to be completed by Oct. 16.
The two 11th Ave. improvements will repair safety hazards caused by tree root damage. The sidewalk work at Capitol Way and Sid Snyder Ave. will replace old pavement and allow for the installation of a transit shelter.
The project will have a number of minor impacts, including:
- There will be significant detours resulting from the sidewalk closure at Capitol Way near Sid Snyder Avenue since there isn't a sidewalk on the east side of Capitol Way.
- There will be impacts to the driveways serving the west side of the Capitol Court building. Access to the west-side parking will be open, but limited to one or the other driveway during construction.
- Some brief restrictions on parking and circulation within the Pritchard parking lot.
- The demolition of existing pavement will be noisy but short lived.
- Closure of the outside lane of Capitol Way on both the southwest corner of Sid Snyder and the southeast corner of 11th Ave.
- 11th Avenue outside lane closure at the southeast corner of both Capitol Way and Washington.
- Closure of the Washington Street outside lane at the southeast corner of 11th Avenue.
- Closure of three parking stalls on the east side of Washington Street, near 11th Avenue.
- Closure of several visitors' parking stalls on the east side of the Pro-Arts Building for a construction lay-down area.
Follow Enterprise Services on Twitter.
Learn more about Visitor Services on Facebook.