- Construction updates:
- 11th Avenue, between Capitol Way and Water St. SW, will be closed on Wednesday, Aug. 31 from about 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for a concrete pour on the fifth floor level of the new building.
- Eastbound lanes and one westbound lane of Union Avenue in Olympia, between Capitol Way and Columbia Street, will be closed August 30-31, Sept. 1-2 and Sept. 27-28 for underground utility work.
- Southbound lane of Columbia Street, between 10th Avenue and Union Avenue, will be closed August 30-31, Sept. 1-2 and Sept. 27-28 for underground utility work.
Columbia Street, between Union Avenue and 11th Avenue, is already closed and will likely remain so for the duration of the project, which is scheduled for completion around September 1, 2017.
- Topping out – last beam placed on top of building framework – September 2016.
- Work hours: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday
- Size of completed building: five-stories, 215,000 square feet
- Planned tenants:
- Washington State Patrol
- Parts of the Office of Financial Management
- Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee (JLARC)
- Legislative Evaluation and Accountability Program Committee (LEAP)
- Joint Legislative Systems Committee (LSC)
- Parts of the Office of the State Treasurer
- Scheduled final completion date: September 2017
1063 Construction Site (image refreshes every 15 minutes)
Send us an email: 1063BlockProject@des.wa.gov.