Click on the images above for a larger version.
- The project is moving forward. The 2015 Legislature authorized DES to enter into a financing contract for up to $69 million to construct a new office building at 1063 Capitol Way South, Olympia.
- DES has issued a notice to proceed to the design/build team of Sellen Construction Co. and ZGF Architects LLP. Demolition of the existing building is scheduled for late summer or early fall.
The new building will:
- be five-stories and 215,000 square feet in size.
- be a high-performance, multi-tenant office building.
- use the design-build procurement process (RCW 39.10).
- include a five-year performance guarantee on energy, operations and maintenance.
Send us an email: 1063BlockProject@des.wa.gov.