Click on the images above for a larger version.
- New work hours: The City of Olympia has approved a request by Sellen Construction to expand the work hours at the construction site.
The new work hours will be:
- From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Saturday – from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday work will occur on an "as needed" basis and will be communicated in advance to the city and state on a week-to-week basis.
- Weekday work activities done before 7 a.m. will not exceed the city's noise ordinance.
- Traffic alert: A section of 11th Avenue – from Capitol Way to Water Street SW, in front of the GA Building – will be closed from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., May 24 for a concrete pour.
- The 11th Avenue closure will require a temporary change to the route used by the Dash shuttle. Go to the Intercity Transit webpage for more information.
- Barricades will be placed at both ends of the road closure and flaggers will be on site to help manage traffic.
The new building:
- will be five-stories and 215,000 square feet in size.
- will be completed by September 2017.
- will house:
- Washington State Patrol
- Parts of the Office of Financial Management
- Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee (JLARC)
- Legislative Evaluation and Accountability Program Committee (LEAP)
- Joint Legislative Systems Committee (LSC)
- Parts of the Office of the State Treasurer
1063 Construction Site (image refreshes every 15 minutes)
Send us an email: 1063BlockProject@des.wa.gov.