Starting Monday, Feb. 27, crews will be starting site work on the south side of the 1063 Block Replacement Project along 11th Avenue. To accommodate the work, crews will move the construction fence to the curb line along 11th Avenue and secure it to the existing roadway. The work is expected to take about four weeks to complete and will culminate when new sidewalks are poured for the front of the new state office building. In April, crews will start completing landscaping work along 11th Avenue. These activities will intermittently close the westbound lane during the day only. When lane closures occur, flaggers will be in place and traffic delays are expected to be minimal.
- Read about the project's sustainability goals.
- Dash Detour – Due to the frequent closures of 11th Avenue next to the construction site, Intercity Transit has modified the Dash shuttle route on the west Capitol Campus. Go to Intercity Transit's website (under "Alerts") for details.
- Work hours: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday
- Size of completed building: five-stories, 215,000 square feet
- Planned tenants:
- Washington State Patrol
- Parts of the Office of Financial Management
- Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee (JLARC)
- Legislative Evaluation and Accountability Program Committee (LEAP)
- Joint Legislative Systems Committee (LSC)
- Parts of the Office of the State Treasurer
- Scheduled final completion date: August 2017
1063 Construction Site (image refreshes every 15 minutes)
Send us an email: 1063BlockProject@des.wa.gov.