In order to receive payment for services or products provided to a state agency, you must register with the Statewide Payee Desk. When you register you may choose to have your payments directly deposited to your bank or mailed to you as a check.
How do I register to receive payments?
- Open the Instructions for Statewide Payee Registration
- Use the instructions to complete the Statewide Payee Registration Form. Please note that incomplete or illegible forms will be returned and may delay payments, so we recommend that you use the instructions and complete the form on line. Complete the ENTIRE form, even if you are only changing one aspect. This will help us verify your account and keep it current.
- If you need clarification for the W-9 section of the Registration, review the General Instructions for the W-9
- Print both pages. Sign the Deposit Authorization on page 1 if you have chosen direct deposit and sign the W-9 on page 2.
- Be sure to save a copy for your records.
- Please fax the signed forms to 360-664-3363
or mail to:
Statewide Payee Desk
P.O. Box 41434
Olympia, WA 98504-1434
Note that we will need to create a NEW registration for you if you are changing:
- the LEGAL NAME by which you report to the IRS
- the EIN or the SSN for the legal name
- the IRS reporting type for the legal name (corporation, LLC, sole proprietor, etc.)
What are the benefits of direct deposit?
Direct deposit is recommended by the State of Washington because it:
- Reduces costs to payees of receiving, handling, and depositing paper checks.
- Reduces the risk of loss and delays from mailing errors and theft.
- Provides payees with an email or paper notification detailing the paying agency, all invoice/account numbers, and the dollar amounts in each day's deposits.
- Saves paper.