Master Contracts Usage Agreement

What is the MCUA?

The Master Contracts Usage Agreement (MCUA) is a one-time agreement necessary to meet statutory requirements allowing qualifying organizations to use Washington State master contracts. Cooperative purchasing through state contracts provides organizations that have agreed to terms and conditions the opportunity to save millions of dollars annually by pooling resources to leverage the market through volume discounts. Authorized organizations are provided access to more than 700 contracts for goods and services to meet all the business needs of their organization at no cost.


How much does it cost?

There is no cost for the Master Contracts Usage Agreement.

Who can sign a MCUA?

  • State Agencies
  • State Boards
  • State Commissions
  • Higher Education Institutions
  • Offices of Separate Elected Officials
  • Local Government Agencies
  • Federal Agencies
  • Washington State Tribal Entities
  • Public Benefit Non-profit (PBNP)
    • Organization with 501(C)3 tax status that have filed PBNP status with the Secretary of State. For filing information, go to
    • More information about purchasing agreements with Public Benefit Non-profit: RCW 39.34.055.
    • More information about Public Benefit Non-profit designation: RCW 24.03.490.

How do I join?

First, check the signed agreement list.

If you are not on this list:

Scan and email signed copy of MCUA to:
Mail signed copy to:
MCUA, attn: Teri Lund
PO Box 41409
Olympia, WA 98504-1409

A fully executed copy will be scanned and returned to you via email.

If you have questions, please call the Master Agreement Service Desk (360) 407-2214 or email

What can I buy?

You can purchase a wide variety of goods and services. Contracts are searchable. The following are a few examples of the most-used contracts:

  • Vehicles (heavy duty and passenger)
  • Copiers
  • Office equipment and supplies
  • Purchasing card
  • Infant formula
  • Radio equipment
  • Fuel
  • Pharmaceuticals
  • Furniture
  • Food
  • Emission inspection service
  • Industrial supplies
  • Travel services
  • Landscaping equipment
  • Paint (various kinds)
  • Electronic monitoring services
  • Electrical supplies
  • Janitorial services

How do I make a purchase with a state contract?

First, check the signed agreement list. Once you have a current signed MCUA:

  • Use our contract search to find a contract or learn about special purchasing programs
  • Identify a vendor on the contract you wish to use
  • Contact the vendor citing the contract number you wish to use, contract name and provide your customer number.

What if I have additional questions?

  • Call (360) 407-2214 or email
  • Please reference the Master Contracts Usage Agreement when asking your question.


The following services are available as part of the MCUA:

  • Training and events
  • WEBS
  • Access to Master contracts*
  • Access to the Western States Contracting Alliance (WSCA)
  • Join Purchasing mailing list to receive email broadcast bulletins
  • IT Brokering and Procurement Consultation
  • IT Master Contracts
  • Tier II Contract for Janitorial Services
  • Single Purchase Requests
  • Contracting and Purchasing Consulting

*Some contracts may not be available for use by all MCUA. See the individual contract summary for who is eligible to use the contract.