There are two methods for accessing HRMS: SAP GUI Windows client, and the HRMS Portal. SAP GUI, and the Web GUI option from the HRMS Portal are available to professional users only.
SAP GUI Windows Client Software
SAP GUI is the preferred access method for frequent HRMS users, and must be used when the user:
- Needs full scope of HRMS functionality.
- Uses Windows oriented applications in conjunction with HRMS (Office, etc.)
- Requires multiple user sessions (maximum of 6).
- Prints extremely large reports.
- Accesses Business Explorer.
- Requires file transfers.
SAP GUI Resources
The HRMS Portal
The HRMS Portal provides secure access to the State's Employee Self Service applications. Some professional users access system reports from the portal.
Employee Self Service (ESS) - All State Employees
Employee Self Service is an online application that gives Washington State Employees secure, password-protected access to:
- View and print your earnings statement for the current pay period
- View and update your permanent and mailing address
- View and update your emergency contact information
- View and update your e-mail address
- Submit Leave requests (some State agencies)
||PERNR (e.g. "00123456")|
||ESS Portal Password|
All state employees should have ESS portal password. Forgotten passwords can be updated at the portal by the user.
SAP through the web browser (Web GUI)
Web GUI is provided as an option to professional users who access HRMS through the HRMS Portal. Web GUI is intended for casual and occasional users who do not require the full scope of functionality in HRMS.
Web GUI is a good option when the user:
- Does not use Windows-oriented applications in conjunction with HRMS
- Is set up as a zero administration client
- Does not have SAP GUI installed on their PC
- Opens only a single user session
Web GUI resources
BI Reports and/or Web GUI - Designated Users Only
BI Reports on the HRMS portal allow both BI End Users and BI Power Users to view reports and to add/remove rows or columns, filter and sort report results, etc.
Web GUI on the HRMS portal allows designated HR administrators certain access to the HRMS system through a Web Browser.
The access method to BI Reports and/or Web GUI depends on whether your agency is on the state government network (SGN) using the statewide Enterprise Active Directory (EAD).
||Domain\Network ID, e.g. "des\miked"|
||New BI\WebGUI Portal Password|