This course is for those technical writers who are looking for the next level of skill development. It is designed to help you acquire essential editing techniques for every form of difficult writing – especially for reports and manuals. We encourage you to also take the Technical Writing: Proofreading Techniques class
Note: This course supports Plain Talk principles
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Edit to keep the writing powerful and the message clear.
- Ensure key technical ideas appear up front for your customer.
- Edit documents to ensure sentences provide parallel importance, focus on emphasis, and remove wordiness.
- Edit documents to ensure sentences are clutter-free..
- Edit for acceptable tone when having to say no.
- Edit for readability with Plain Talk in mind.
Competencies covered in the course: Written Communication
Intended Audience: Public sector technical writers; executive and administrative assistants for engineers, researchers, and scientists; technical office staff; and other professionals who edit a variety of technical documents.