If you are new to C# programming, you will want to take this course to learn the syntax for building applications with Visual C#. Level 1 uses a step by step hands-on tutorial approach to learning the essential techniques for writing and running your first C# code. In this course you will focus on learning the C# language, as opposed to using Visual Studio.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Use variables, operators and expressions
- Declare and call methods and apply scope
- Make decisions with If and Switch statements
- Write While, For and Do loops
- Catch and handle exceptions
- Manage classes and objects
- Use arrays and collections
- Work with inheritance
- Implement Garbage Collection
- Handle events
- Validate data
Competencies covered in this course: Ability to create and use C# code.
Intended Audience: Public sector employees with a fundamental understanding of computer programming.
Recommended prerequisites: Participants will benefit most if they are completely familiar with the Windows environment and have 6 months experience with any programming language