(Former Title: HELP II: Effective Investigations in a Just Cause World)
This Leadership Liability Prevention Academy (LLPA) course focuses on understanding your critical role, as a manager, in conducting effective investigations of misconduct and performance issues using the State of Washington’s Just Cause rules and principles. Upon completion of this course, you will learn how important it is to conduct effective investigations and understand your role in neutral and objective investigations. You will learn to conduct an investigation in a prompt, thorough and objective manner to reach objective findings. This course will focus on specific skills in planning, interview techniques, documentation and reports.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Know latest case law on investigating misconduct and performance issues.
- Conduct effective investigations of misconduct and performance issues.
- Hold effective interviews.
- Understand the legal implications of investigations.
- Document misconduct issues effectively.
- Identify who, what, where, and when to investigate.
Competencies covered in this course: Interviewing, researching, and gathering information
Intended Audience: Supervisors, managers and HR professionals.