This course provides the skills necessary to identify and collect the data you need to construct useful measures of performance. This course provides an overview of methods for determining where, how, and how often to collect data, as well as some rudimentary tools for assessing the adequacy and validity of data. Class exercises are focused on application and practical experiences.
Performance objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Determine the data needed to address specific needs.
- Identify data that is relevant, cost-effective to collect, and actionable.
- Choose the appropriate method and interval for collecting data.
- Assess data for adequacy, accuracy and timeliness.
- Know when to seek professional help and where to go to get it.
Competencies covered in this class: Analysis & decisiveness
Intended Audience: Public sector employees.