You will explore how you can motivate staff by giving them more authority and control over the work they do. You will learn techniques of building staff confidence and self-reliance by empowering staff while maintaining assurance for the quality of their work.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the degrees of control and when each is appropriate to use.
- Examine the consequences of not empowering employees.
- Learn how to keep things under control without controlling people.
- Avoid reverse delegation.
- Increase management ‘leverage’ by defining work in terms of outcomes.
- Hold empowered people accountable for results.
- Communicate in an empowering way.
Competencies covered in this course: Communication effectiveness
Intended Audience: Supervisors, Managers and HR Professionals.