Workplaces can be dull, boring, and de-motivating. Those same workplaces can be fun, challenging, and rewarding places to work. The difference between these two extremes lies in the way the work is organized and managed. This course is designed to teach you how to maximize worker performance by tapping key motivational needs.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe why “unmotivated” employees behave the way they do.
- Describe the most important motivational needs of employees.
- Describe a strategy for helping employees grow in their jobs.
- Describe a strategy for increasing an employee’s sense of ownership of their job.
- Describe common pitfalls of not recognizing employee contributions.
- Help employees listen to each other.
- Describe characteristics of high-performance teams.
Competencies covered in this course: Communication effectiveness, teambuilding
Intended Audience: Supervisors, Managers and HR Professionals.