Communication skills are the key to your on-the-job success. Do you ever wonder why it is so easy to work with some employees and such a challenge to work with others? Would work be easier if there were fewer misunderstandings? This course is designed to help you become a more skilled communicator. It will teach you how to interact with others by communicating in a way that supports their own communication style.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify techniques that will increase your proficiency.
- Handle face-to-face contacts effectively and confidently.
- Improve both your sending and receiving skills.
- Eliminate communication barriers.
- Handle difficult situations more effectively and confidently.
Competencies covered in this course: Communication effectiveness, interpersonal influence, verbal communication
Intended Audience: Public sector employees who want to improve their basic skills in inter-personal communication.