In this course you will practice the tools and techniques used to create professional business and technical diagrams, including flowcharts, organizational charts, and network diagrams. Get comfortable with the Ribbon and Backstage View as they are used in other newer versions of Microsoft applications. A fully searchable online edition of the book is included to aid as a post-class resource.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Easily navigate the new Visio 2010 user interface
- Build network diagrams
- Create organization charts
- Design office spaces and floor plans
- Connect and align shapes in process diagrams
- Create effective flowcharts and workflow diagrams
- Link Visio diagrams to a data source to visualize the diagram’s data
- Analyze business data in PivotDiagrams
- Insert and modify diagrams in Microsoft® Office documents
- Create your own shapes and templates and build custom
Competencies covered in this course: Diagramming and Flowcharting
Intended Audience: Any State Employee.
Recommended Prerequisites: A Windows course or equivalent experience is recommended.