The next generation of web development is upon us and this class will help you to make the most of it. Three days will be spent working with ASP.Net 4 designing, building and securing a modern website. Plus, we will introduce MVC and compare and contrast this new way of making sites to the Web Form method used for so many years in ASP.Net.
From look and feel to security, from implementation to deployment, this class touches on all the major topics needed to succeed in ASP.Net 4 development.
If you are still using ASP.Net 3.5 this class will still be beneficial. We will use Visual Studio 2010 and .Net 4 exclusively, but most skills can be applied in 3.5 as well.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Implement an ASP.Net Web Application based on Business Requirements
- Use Master Pages and Themes to provide a consistent look and feel
- Display and manipulate data from a webpage
- Validate user input from ASP.Net controls
- Use TLS/SSL to secure your website
- Debug and Deploy your ASP.Net website
- Implement a basic ASP.Net MVC website
- Know when to choose between Web Forms and MVC website
Competencies covered in this class: Developing software, web sites, and web pages
Intended Audience: This course is for Web Developers who need to create ASP.Net Web Sites
Pre-requisites: Experience with Visual Studio and .Net programming