This course will provide you practice with the basic functions and features of Word 2010, used to create revise, and save documents for printing or retrieval. Even if you use version 2007, this course is still for you. If you are interested in pursuing Microsoft Office Specialist certification, this course will help you prepare for the Word 2010 exam.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Create, save, preview and print a basic document.
- Edit documents by selecting and modifying text.
- Change font appearance and highlight text.
- Format paragraphs with tabs, borders, shading, styles, and lists.
- Add tables to a document or convert tables to text.
- Insert graphic objects and visual effects to a document.
- Control a document's page setup.
- Add watermarks, borders, headers and footers.
- Proof documents by checking spelling and grammar.
- Use auto correct and the Thesaurus.
Competencies covered in this course: Word processing.
Intended Audience: Public sector employees.
Pre-requisites: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using a mouse and keyboard; launching and closing programs; navigating to information stored on the computer; and managing files and folders. To ensure your success, we recommend you first take an introductory Windows course.