If you need to create or modify complex business documents as well as customize Word’s efficiency tools including mail merge, this course is for you. You will work with components such as customized lists, tables, charts, and graphics. Also, if you are interested in pursuing Microsoft Office Specialist certification, this course will help you prepare for the Word 2010 exam.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Manage lists.
- Customize tables and charts.
- Customize formatting with styles and themes.
- Modify pictures in a document.
- Create customized graphic elements.
- Insert content using quick parts.
- Control text flow and perform mail merges.
- Use templates to automate document creation.
- Use macros to automate common tasks.
Competencies covered in this course: Word processing.
Intended Audience: Public sector employees who have Word 2010 Level 1 or equivalent.
Pre-requisites: You should have taken a Word Level 1 course or be able to use Microsoft Word 2010 to create, edit, format, save, and print basic business documents containing text, tables, and graphics. You should also be familiar with using a mouse and keyboard; launching and closing programs; navigating to information stored on the computer; and managing files and folders.