This class covers how you as an HR professional develops, implements and evaluates sourcing, recruitment, hiring, orientation, succession planning, retention and organizational exit programs necessary to ensure the workforce’s ability to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives. This program has been approved by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI®).
Performance Objectives: At completion of this course you should have knowledge of:
- Federal/state/local employment-related laws and regulations related to workforce planning and employment
- Quantitative analyses required to assess past and future staffing effectiveness
- Recruitment sources for targeting passive, semi-active and active candidates
- Recruitment strategies
- Staffing alternatives
- Planning techniques
- Reliability and validity of selection tests/tool/methods
- Use and interpretation of selection tests
- Interviewing techniques
- Relocation practices
- Impact of total rewards on recruitment and retention
- Voluntary and involuntary terminations, downsizing, restructuring and outplacement strategies and practices
- Internal workforce assessment techniques and employment policies, practices and procedures
- Employer marketing and branding techniques
- Negotiation skills and techniques
Competencies covered in this course: Workforce planning as it relates to human resources.
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills.
Prerequisites: Human Resource Essentials.