Do you need to create a stunning brochure, marketing piece or newsletter and don’t know where to begin? Do you regularly create communications pieces, but never had any formal training in graphic or web design? Do you just want to refine your skills by learning the basics of great design? If any of these apply to you, then Mastering Basic Design Principles is for you.
This class is part of four-part communications class series, which uses Adobe Creative Suite, to give you a great foundation for designing for web and print. This two-day course will include the basic principles, elements, and vocabulary of designing for both print and the web. You will get a brief introduction to using InDesign, Dreamweaver and Photoshop for design.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain how to use typography, color, layout and more.
- Get the most out of design components such as photos, borders and backgrounds, etc. for both print and web.
- Practice combining the components of a design in a visually appealing way by using the principles of placement, grouping, alignment, flow and spacing to create a pleasing, cohesive design.
- Explain and apply solid foundation knowledge of the 'why' of design.
- Understand which Adobe programs to use for different tasks.
Competencies covered in this course: Design principles for print or web.
Intended Audience: Anyone working with general design communication for print or web.
Recommended Pre-requisite: None