Does your agency want to use business intelligence to find cost cutting opportunities and improve financial visibility so it can survive—even thrive—in today's economy? Using investments you have already made, Microsoft business intelligence solutions improve performance by driving better decision making through familiar interfaces users work in every day.
There are many exciting dashboard and scorecard capabilities using SharePoint, SQL Server Reporting Services, or others. Come and practice building solutions to your agency’s most pressing challenges. Maps to portions of Microsoft course 6234, 6235, and 6236. Course taught using 2012, but is useful for those using 2008 and previous versions.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Manage SQL Server business intelligence components and tools
- Implement SQL Server Analysis Services cubes
- Create KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Work with MDX (multi-dimensional expressions)
- Create and configure algorithms
- Deploy information-rich solutions
- Develop a simple example of an SQL Server Integration Services package
Competencies covered in this course: SQL Server Business Intelligence.
Intended Audience: IT Professionals with 6 months or more experience in designing and programming SQL Server database solutions and six months or more, .NET experience is strongly recommended.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Windows Administration, Some SQL Server Experience