Microsoft Excel is an incredibly powerful and effective tool for managing numbers and data. In today’s demanding business or personal environment, Excel provides quick, responsive answers for manipulating, storing, and sharing this information.
In this introductory course you will practice using the basic functions and features of Excel 2013. You will navigate worksheets; enter and edit text, values and formulas; and save workbooks in various file formats. You will also move, copy, format, and work with printing.
This course covers Excel 2013; however, the similarities with 2007/2010 versions are such that all users should be successful learning this latest product.
If you are interested in pursuing Microsoft Office Specialist certification, this course will help you prepare for the Excel 2013 exam.
Performance Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Overview of new 2013 features
- Create a basic worksheet using Microsoft Office Excel 2013
- Create typical worksheet formulas and functions
- Learn how to easily reuse formulas
- Insert, delete, and adjust cells, columns and rows
- Use proofing and research tools
- Format using fonts, borders, and colors
- Apply number formats and align cell contents
- Apply styles, themes and basic conditional formatting
- Create and use templates
- Work with common printing options
- Manage worksheets working with different views and properties
Course Competencies: Beginning Excel
Intended Audience: People required to use spreadsheets and formulas in their work.
Recommended Pre-requisites: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers, the mouse and keyboard. You should be able to use Windows to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. To ensure your success, we recommend you first take an introductory Windows course.