ArcGIS has much more functionality than simple map display and navigation. It has many tools for collecting, creating and analyzing data. This 3-day class teaches finer skills for using ArcGIS. See how to connect information between tables and mark locations on the map. Practice managing data files, creating new data, and putting the data to work to generate answers to questions.
- GIS Data Sources (GIS Data on the Web; ESRI and Vendor Datasets; ArcGIS Online; ArcMap review)
- Projection Basics (Spatial Reference Issues; Spatial Reference; Spatial Reference and ArcGIS; Setting the Projection of Data)
- Rasters (Raster Data Types; Raster Display Properties; Image Analysis Window; Clipping a Raster)
- Joins and Relates (Using Tables in ArcMap; Table Relationships; Attribute Joins; Relates; Spatial Joins)
- Bringing Data into ArcGIS (Georeferencing Scanned Images; Importing Various Data Types
- Creating GIS Data (GIS Data Types; File Creation; Attribute Definitions)
- Beginner Editing (Editing Workflow; Tips and Tricks; Sketch Creation Tools; Feature Construction Tools; Construction Methods)
- Advanced Editing (Managing feature templates; Editing tips and tricks; Map Topology)
- Geoprocessing Tools (Geoprocessing Defined; Geoprocessing Menu Tools; ArcToolbox; Geoprocessing Options)
- Labeling Features (Label Basics; Label Styles; Label Expressions; Label Classes)
- ArcMap Tools (Accessing Tools; Tools Toolbar; Other Toolbars; Graphs and Reports)
- Advanced Layouts (Aligning map elements, Clipping a data frame; Grids and graticules; Inset maps, Data Driven Pages, Exporting to PDF)
Prerequisites and Recommendations: Students should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows® and be familiar with the basic use of ArcGIS, including the topics covered in either the Fundamentals of ArcGIS or ArcGIS Desktop I classes.
Intended Audience: This course is for those who already know the basics of ArcGIS and want to expand their skills with the software and GIS in general
Note: You now will need to pay for your own parking. Parking is no longer included in the overall cost of attending this course. You may be reimbursed for travel expenses as under normal processes according to your agency travel policy.