Whether you’re new to computers or have used them in the past, this class will help you become more comfortable using a personal computer (PC) and, more specifically, the Windows 8.1 interface. This course will help you to define what a PC is, and familiarize you with the Windows 8.1 user interface and its basic capabilities. In this course, you will explore Windows 8 and learn how to create documents, send email, browse the Internet, and share information between applications and with other users.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Navigate efficiently around the Windows 8.1 user interface
- Use modern apps and navigation features
- Work with desktop applications
- Open files you use regularly in just two clicks with Jump Lists on the improved taskbar
- Use the Internet (Explorer 10)
- Customize the Windows 8.1 environment
- Use Windows 8.1 security features.
Intended Audience: This course is designed for any end user who is interested in learning about and using the features and functionality of the Windows 8.1 operating system for personal and/or professional use.
Recommended Prerequisites: Familiarity working in a desktop operating system environment.