Do you have video footage on your camera or hard drive and now you want to put it together to make a high quality video that people will want to watch? If you answered, “Yes,” then this course will give you the background knowledge, useful skills, and helpful tips you will need to edit together a professional looking video.
This course is intended to instill basic competence in the many areas of knowledge that are needed to edit video, as editing is what tells and sells your message to the audience. We will discuss fundamental editing techniques, principles, terms, equipment, software and more. Together we will walk through the process of creating a short, quality video.
Class format includes lecture and hands-on exercises using Mac computers.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Give a brief exploration of the history of video editing
- Understand the fundamentals of editorial planning
- Determine the desired outcome, message and audience for your video
- Cutting a video together
- Create transitions
- Apply audio mixing
- Insert graphics and titles
- Learn video editing lingo such as: “crossfade, cut away, jump cut, title safe,” etc.
- Explore common software options for editing videos and understand the pros and cons of each
- Analyze videos and critique what “works” and what does not
- Create and deliver a video
Competencies covered in this course: Create and edit effective videos
Intended Audience: Knowledge of computers and Video Production Principles class are recommended for successful completion of this course
Recommended Pre-requisites: Windows Server experience of any amount