A major disaster could cripple your organization and disrupt service to your customers. Learn how to evaluate risks against your network systems and data. Examine risk management and mitigation as well as how to create a policy to govern your efforts.
We will look into how certificates can be used to add even greater security to objects on the network in addition to both the good and bad effects of implementing such a strategy.
Lastly, we will learn how to respond to a security incident and how to implement a disaster recovery plan for various issues which can occur.
This class maps to objectives in both the Security+ and GSEC exams.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe and understand risks to a network infrastructure
- Implement risk mitigation strategies
- Utilize physical security devices and methods
- Manage and respond to security incidents
- Implement certificates to provide increased security
- Back up certificates and then restore them
- Describe both good and bad points of certificates
- Describe multi-factor authentication systems
- Create and implement a disaster recovery plan
- Plan for business continuity
Competencies covered in this course: Prepares people to apply and implement Group Policy in an Active Directory environment
Intended Audience: Any computer technology professional needing IT security professional skillsets. Candidates needing help preparing for Security + or GSEC exams.
Recommended Pre-requisite: Windows Experience