Do you understand your IT vulnerabilities and common security weakness so that you can protect your environment? It is important to secure our systems and then to test that security for flaws or exploits. This class teaches the basics of penetration testing using examples and hands-on exercises. We will explore several different aspects of modern testing methodology using current tools like Kali Linux, MetaSploit and Burp Suite.
This class will cover the setup of a testing system and systems to practice on as well as the practical tests themselves.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe the benefits of penetration testing and what it is
- Set up systems to perform the tests from as well as on for practice
- Use Kali Linux
- Scan networks to find hosts and other points of attack
- Scan web applications to both identify them and attack them
- Utilize Metasploit to attack and test
- Test for XSS, SQL injection and other exploits
- Employ PowerShell for attacks and testing
- Apply social engineering to leverage human knowledge and behavior
- Attack wireless networks to test for their stability
Competencies covered in this course: Learn to setup a testing system
Intended Audience: Anyone interested in defending their networks and applications from attack
Recommended Pre-requisite: Strong knowledge of the Windows OS