As the web gained popularity, it also gained more and more security threats. The web is one of the most vulnerable entry points of any system. This class addresses some of these threats and helps you to mitigate against them. We will also look at attacks against plugins like Flash and Java.
In this 3 day course we will investigate both Internet security in general and more specifically web security concentrating mostly on browser application security.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe a web application and its relationship to a browser
- Understand the workings of the WWW and HTTP
- List and explain the main vulnerabilities against the WWW
- Secure your web pages against attack
- Evaluate risks and implement a proper defense
- Implement TLS/SSL to secure communications
- Describe other network threats and how to mitigate for them
Competencies covered in this course: Prepares people to mitigate against web and internet security threats
Intended Audience: Any computer technology professionals needing IT security skillset
Recommended Pre-requisite: Windows Experience