In this course you will learn how to maximize the proactive capacity of employees by adopting a coaching mindset. You will develop the skills needed to establish and maintain a coaching environment; understand how coaching complements supervision and how to avoid common coaching mistakes.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe the role of a coach.
- Recognize why all in an organization need to be a coach.
- Empower employees to be coaches.
- Identify coaching pitfalls.
- Integrate the coaching mindset into your leadership style.
- Demonstrate a variety of effective techniques for listening, asking questions and providing feedback to coach others formally and informally.
Intended Audience: Public sector managers, supervisors and lead workers