Performance management is the process of creating a work environment or setting in which employees are enabled to perform to the best of their abilities. This course provides an overview of the whole system that begins when a job is defined as needed and ends when an employee leaves the agency.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the components of a performance management cycle.
- Understand the importance of leadership buy-in and support.
- Understand the need and importance of an agency performance management policy.
- Develop clear job descriptions.
- Provide effective orientation, education, and training.
- Provide on-going coaching and feedback.
- Conduct quarterly performance development discussions.
- Assist with exit interviews to understand WHY valued employees leave the agency.
Competencies covered in this course: Communication effectiveness, interpersonal influence, verbal communication
Intended Audience: Public sector managers, supervisors and lead workers