The number one issue that arises in any organizational development discussion is enhanced communication. Often this translates into improving communication between people of different generations. This course assists you in enhancing your communication effectiveness by understanding the events and influences that shaped the four generations in the workplace and developing strategies to build mutual purpose and respect in communication.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify key leadership strengths that will have an impact on your performance management.
- Understand the events and experiences that shaped your generation
- Provide insight into the events and influences that differentiate other generations:
- The Builders
- The Baby Boomers
- Generation X
- The Millenials
- Identify how these differences have affected communication and work approaches
- Deal with the most common communication challenges between the generations
- Learn how the Path of Dialogue can bridge the generations through establishing mutual purpose
- Identify the elements of respectful communication
Intended Audience: Public sector managers, supervisors and lead workers