Effective delegation is one of the most valuable skills you can master. Delegating prepares employees who work for you to be able to handle your responsibilities and simultaneously allows you to advance to other career opportunities within your organization.
Delegation is also often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned. This program explores many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate and who to delegate to.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Clearly identify how delegation fits into your job and how it can make you more successful.
- Identify different ways of delegating tasks.
- Give better instructions for better delegation results.
- Ask better questions and listen more effectively.
- Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Intended Audience: Public sector managers, supervisors and lead workers