This one-day seminar is for individuals or workgroups interested in becoming high performing teams. Developing into an effective team requires vision, purpose and planning. Without an agreed upon team structure and process, work groups are unlikely to evolve into high performing teams. At this seminar, participants will be provided an overview of the development stages of teams as well as the leadership strategies to move teams forward. As part of this process, we will explore the development and application of team visions, mission statements, values, and ground rules. We will also examine the use of team Charters and the leadership roles of the team sponsor, process owner and team leader. Participants will also explore the five dysfunctions of a team identified by Patrick Lencioni and the implications these dysfunctions have on the performance of a team.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the development stages of teams.
- Understand leadership strategies to move teams forward.
- Develop a vision, mission, values and ground rules.
- Understand the roles of team charter, team sponsor, process owner and team leader.
- Understand the five dysfunctions of a team, identified by Patrick Lencioni.
Intended Audience: Leaders and managers of Public Sector