Do you need to make informed business decisions based on key performance indicators? In this class you will learn to take advantage of Excel features to create and present dashboards and reports “infographics” that provide effective and powerful visual interfaces to focus attention on key trends, comparisons and results that focus on what is happening within your business.
Dashboards are ideal for delivering information in a graphical, user-friendly form; and Excel is a familiar, effective application that will enable you to do just that! You will be introduced to basic dashboard concepts and design principles and what it takes to prepare for a dashboard project. Utilizing various combinations of Excel charts, you will then be able to synthesize your data into meaningful visual presentations.
Upon successful completion if this course, you should be able to: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Apply basic dashboard design principles and best practices
- Use Excel Sparklines
- Incorporate “chartless” visualization techniques (conditional formatting, symbols, camera tool)
- Create and work with Excel charts
- Create charts that show trending, grouping, performing against a target
- Build and develop data models
- Add interactive controls to your dashboard
Prerequisites: Completion of the Microsoft Excel Level 1 & 2 courses or equivalent knowledge and experience is strongly recommended.
Book: Excel Dashboards and Reports, ISBN: 1118490428
Length: 2 Days, 12 hours