RESTful design provides a platform teams can use to take advantage of standards and technologies within HTTP to increase API performance and reduce development effort. Service Oriented Architecture and other service based systems have changed extensively in the last few years. By using best RESTful practices teams can design and build REST-style Web APIs that are flexible and easy to extend.
This class covers designing, implementing and testing a REST based solution using the modern Microsoft stack. This three day class supports modern versions of Visual Studio.
Upon successful completion if this course, you should be able to: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Build services using REST and the ASP.NET Web API
- Describe the benefits and shortcomings of REST
- Secure a REST service
- Consume JSON returned from a REST service
- Model URIs and HTTP verbs properly
- Implement Unit Tests
- Implement Dependency Injection
- Know when to choose WFC or REST for a service
Audience: Programmers wanting to create services using REST
Recommended Prerequisites: Basic KNOWLEDGE of Windows, C#, .NET programming and Visual Studio
Book: ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish ISBN 9781484201107
Length: 3 Days, 18hrs.