Workplace violence is violence or the threat of violence against workers. It can occur at or outside the workplace and range from threats and verbal abuse to physical assaults. Nothing can guarantee that an employee will not become a victim of workplace violence. There are steps that can help reduce the odds. In this course you will learn how to recognize, avoid, or diffuse potentially violent situations, and report incidents to your supervisor.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Recognize the potentiality for violence in the workplace.
- Describe and analyze potentially violent behavior.
- Demonstrate the ability to record incidents indicating a potential problem in order to pass on correct information to management.
- Report suspicious incidents through the right channels.
- Develop individual and organizational plans of action to deal with violence.
Competencies covered in this course: Safety
Intended Audience: Public sector employees. Personnel from seventy-eight state agencies are eligible to take this class at no charge through June 30, 2015. The list of eligible agencies can be found here. Please note that agencies will be charged the regular, full price of the course if a registered student cannot attend the class or send a substitution. Please review the attendance policy for more information.