Collaboration is the fuel for managing your geospatial content to increase efficiency and improve a business’s ability to understand problems and discover opportunities. Esri's ArcGIS Online provides resources for map and data collaboration online as you analyze relationships and patterns. This course will guide you through the process of creating dynamic online maps by publishing data and map layers.
You will learn to build a customizable web application that allows you to connect a project group that can use the same map, data and tools in the same platform. AGOL is an effective avenue for organizations to distribute, collect and analyze data.
Performance Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Navigate the AGOL Organization interface
- Share data and maps within ArcGIS Online
- Identify the usage of AGOL 'Credits'
- Upload, download and utilize various data types within AGOL
- Publish services and tiled map services
- Create sharable maps with ArcGIS Online
- Create interactive, sharable and customizable web applications (apps) using ArcGIS Online
Competencies covered in this course: Prepares participants to edit and create illustrations.
Intended Audience: Anyone interested in learning ArcGIS and online collaboration.
Recommended Prerequisite: Basic experience with Microsoft Windows software for basic file management and browsing. (e.g. Excel).