In this two-day class, you will learn the fundamental skills to work with Active Directory in a Windows Server and Cloud environment. We will design a directory system, deploy and set-up forest, domain, and organizational units. Day to day administrative tasks like backup and restore, search, and group policy is covered as well.
This class covers all versions of Windows Server through 2016.
Performance Outcomes: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain what Active Directory is used for and why
- Design an Active Directory infrastructure
- Properly use Forests, Domains, and Organizational Units
- Implement Group Policy
- Use PowerShell to work with Active Directory
- Backup and Restore an Active Directory infrastructure
- Explain Kerberos and implement it in a Windows environment
- Explain Active Directory Replication
- Work with and customize Microsoft Management Console
- Work with and customize Event Viewer
- Describe why and why not to use Azure Active Directory
- Work with and maintain the Active Directory Database
- Troubleshoot Active Directory more effectively
Course Competencies: Fundamentals of active directory and design of infrastructure.
Intended Audience: This course is for Windows Server Administrators or power users who want a more in-depth understanding of Microsoft’s core authentication and directory system.
Recommended Pre-requisites: Experience with Windows Server