This course will give you the tools and formats needed to create crisp, clear, and readable policies and procedures. Easy-to-use policies and procedures are a critical component of an agency’s daily operation and functions. Clearly written policies and procedures bring consistency into the operation and help employees make appropriate decisions. They describe what, who, when, and how to carry out the strategic focus. You’ll learn how to Plain Talk your policies, procedures, and tasks into a readable, useable system of written direction.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify the function and purpose of policies, procedures, and task statements.
- Write policies in 'headline' format.
- Write procedures in 'playscript' format.
- Write a task outline.
- Adopt a workable numbering system.
- Determine the priority level of each piece of direction.
Competencies covered in this course: Written Communication Intended Audience:
Employees who are responsible for writing policies and procedures.