||Savings / Gains
|Contracts and Legal Outreach Process
- Documented standardized process including internal policy and procedure.
- Defined Roles and responsibilities.
- Measurement and monitoring process in place to support continuous improvement.
|HR Position Lifecycle
- Cycle time for processing personnel action requests reduced to 1 day.
- Incoming yield on personnel action requests increased from 42% to 64%. Will work at continued improvement to a goal of 98%.
- Eliminated need for reconciliation.
|Lease Renewal Process
- Reduced lease backlog by 82% (from 127 to 23) by December 2013.
- Improved communication and customer engagement, less rework and higher quality.
|Vendor Registration Process
- Reduced the amount of records with identified issues by 78.9%.
- Reduced send backs from 7% to 4.7% (on average).
- Reduced the send back process by 5 working days.
- Reduced processing time for vendor registration forms created capacity for staff to focus on other value-added work.
|Work Order Processing
- 90% increase in work orders being turned in upon job completion (from 50% to 95%).
- 170% increase in automatic email notifications sent to customers once work is complete (from 37% to 100%).
- 100% of jobs are tracked on individual work orders.
|Custodial Supply Ordering Process
- Increased the percentage of items within established min/max levels 141% (from 17% to 41%).
- Saved two hours per week previously spent moving supplies.
- Improved employee morale by eliminating unnecessary work.
- Improved cooperation and understanding with the B&G Procurement and Supply team.
| Processing of DOT Claims
- Increased claim coding accuracy to 90%.
- Reduced payment request errors by 73%.
- Reduced the time to pull payment information for Audit by 88%.
- Reduced claim reserve wait time by 74%.
- Increased claims resolved within 60 days by 20%.
- Reduced claims scanning process time by 75% - streamlining processes and leveraging improved scanner functions.
|Fleet Vehicle Acquisition Process
- Better customer service as a result of more frequent, standard communications. Increased number of communication touch points from two to four.
- Improvements saved employees approximately three hours per week.
- Reduced approximately one week of processing time for each vehicle.
|CTS & DES Finance Core & Data Network Billing
- Reduced rework for Infra tickets by 35%.
- Reduced number of quality control checks and built quality into process.
- Eliminated duplicate data networks tickets (eliminating work for both agencies).
- Expedited one-time charges from vendors by more than 50%. Prompt billing eliminates confusion & reduces inquiries, recovering five days of staff time per month.
|Public Works & Energy Contracting Process
- Implemented mistake-proofed forms for agreement amendments and for change orders to reduce rework to save an estimated 12 days per amendment and 13 days per change order.
- Created email templates to eliminate key-boarding, copying, and scanning of some letters which saved each Contracts Specialist four hours per week in time and also saved paper.
|Printing Intake Process
- Cut print job intake workflows from five to four.
- Decreased cycle time by
--53% for overall job intake process
--43% for estimates
- Created a knowledge library, standard work processes, eliminated forms and instituted a new intake process.
|Printing Roll Stock Production
- Saved $80,000 per year by moving roll stock production in-house.
|Envelope Re-Order Process
- Eliminated delays in order processing.
- Saved staff approximately 12 hours per month in tracking orders.
|Risk Management’s Annual Property Insurance Scheduling and Billing Process
- Decreased phone activity related inquiries from approximately 810 calls in 2011 to nine in 2012.
- Decreased email activity related to inquiries from approximately 350 emails in 2011 to seven emails in 2012.
- Implemented new online information for customers including:
--Property insurance add/delete form to mistake-proof process
--FAQs and contact info
--Property insurance schedule as requested.
- Improved the invoice per customer feedback