Changes to these service contracts are occurring
Janitorial Services options that currently exist for customers:
- Extension of current contract- If you have a 2nd tier contract awarded from Master Contract #00508, customers can extend their contract up to, but not beyond, April 14, 2020.
- Direct Buy- If the cost for the specific work is $10,000 or less annually, the customer may select providers utilizing their Direct Buy authority. In addition, agencies are authorized to acquire janitorial services up to a cost of $13,000 (excluding sales tax) directly from a vendor and without competition if the purchase is being made from a veteran owned, minority owned or women owned, microbusiness, minibusiness, or small business as those terms are defined by RCW 39.26.010 (16), (17) and (22).
- Custodial services provided by DES within Thurston County- For rates and services contact or (360) 902-0961 or Cory.Noffsinger@des.wa.gov.
- Competitive solicitation- If the need exceeds the Direct Buy limit and custodial services provided by DES are not in scope, a competitive solicitation must take place. Your purchasing department would conduct the competitive solicitation.
Additional information: DES has provided a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document as a resource for customers.
Resources for the Competitive Process
- Download and complete the Work Request Form.
- Enter the customer information and the required tasks and frequencies. Embed any applicable documents such as floor plans or background check information.
- Convert Work Request form to a Request for Qualifications and Quotations (RFQQ) and post the request using Washington's Electronic Business Solution (WEBS).
- Conduct the Site Visit. Print the site visit sign in sheet and review the site visit guidelines tab in the Work Request form.
- Evaluation and Award
- Complete the Bid Template Calculations tab using references from the vendor.
- Convert RFQQ template into a contract and award to Apparent Successful Bidder.
- Close out the solicitation in WEBS.
Other Applicable Forms
Contact us with questions at DESCPRMHealHumServ@des.wa.gov or (360) 407-2210.