Visit our COVID-19 page for the latest updates

How to Receive EAP Services?


There are several ways to make an EAP appointment:

First, please be sure you and your adult household members are eligible for services provided by the Washington State Employee Assistance Program.  WA State EAP covers state employees employed at state agencies under the Executive Branch and employees at some public employers who contract with WA State EAP (ex. K-12 school districts, public higher education institutions, municipalities).  If you are employed at a for-profit organization/business, WA State EAP is not your EAP.  Please contact your human resources department for verification, if you are unsure about coverage.  

To get started with EAP counseling services, complete an Online Referral Request from a computer or mobile device. The information you provide on the form is held in strict confidence. After you fill out this form, which includes reading and signing the Statement of Understanding, an EAP Intake Specialist will call you within one business day to complete your referral process.

Alternatively, you can call the EAP Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm at 877-313-4455. If no one is available to take your call, please leave a message and someone will call you back soon. When you talk to an Intake Specialist, they will ask you to fill out the Online Referral Request before scheduling your appointment. If you do not have access to a computer or mobile device, the Intake Specialist can fill out the form on your behalf while you are on the phone.

Please note that if you are in an immediate crisis, such as you or someone else being at risk of harm, do not use the Online Form – call us at 877-313-4455 to talk with a counselor right away. Counselors are available in an emergency 24/7. Listen to the voicemail prompts and press 2 to talk with an on-call counselor. If it is a life-threatening emergency, please contact 911.