Small Agency Services Bulletin - August 2019
|Small Agency Financial Services News
Your feedback is important
Please send your feedback about the Department of Enterprise Services' (DES) Small Agency Financial Services (SAFS). Your feedback helps us improve and better meet your needs. Finance welcomes your feedback at any time.
- Phase 2 CAFR Close. Please note that during year-end close, payment batch processing may be delayed. Contact DES Accounts Payable if there are any items that require priority processing to ensure batches are paid on time.
- Phase 2 State Disclosure forms are also due to OFM Accounting. Your DES Budget Analyst will prepare and submit these forms in the system.
- To reflect in your agency's monthly financial statements, all invoices and travel reimbursement requests are due to Accounts Payable.
- The signed State Disclosure Certification is due. Your DES Budget Analyst will require your agency's signature on the certification a week before the due date. Please notify us if you will be unavailable during this time.
- Supplemental budget requests are due to the Office of Financial Management (OFM). Your DES budget analyst will need your decision packages by early-September.
- New travel reimbursement rates for per diem and lodging go into effect.
Back to the top.
DES Website Redesign Survey
The survey should take 5 minutes to complete and is open through Aug. 26, 2019. It is being administered by a third-party vendor, Anthro-Tech, and responses are anonymous. Feel free to forward this information and link to anyone who interacts with DES online.
As you may know, DES's website consists of content migrated from five agencies that combined in 2011 to create DES. The website has not matured with the agency. The survey is part of a comprehensive analysis to better understand customer needs so we can redesign the site to increase usability and enhance the user experience.
Thank you for your responses. They are greatly appreciated. Please direct survey questions to: Linda Kent, DES Public Affairs Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-972-6413.
What to include in supplemental budget requests due to OFM on Sept. 20th.
Supplemental budget requests are due to the Office of Financial Management (OFM) on Friday, September 20, 2019. Your DES budget analyst will need your decision packages by early-September.
Submittals should focus on the following types of budget revisions:
- Non-discretionary changes in legally-mandated caseloads or workloads.
- Necessary technical corrections to the enacted 2019-21 budgets.
- Additional or reductions to federal or private/local funding anticipated for the remainder of the biennium.
- Only the highest priority policy enhancements or resource reprogramming operating and transportation budget proposals, consistent with Governor Inslee's priority goals.
- Capital projects that address emergent needs and cannot wait for the 2021-23 capital budget.
DES Payroll statistics for July 2019 (40 agencies served)
|Total Employees Paid
|New Hires / Rehires
|Transfer In / Transfer Outs
DES Accounts Payable statistics for July 2019 (30 agencies served)
|Invoices Received from Agency
|Invoices Paid on Delegated Authority
|Travel Requests Paid through TEMS
|Payments Reissued (SOL, Lost Warrant)
|TOTAL PAYMENTS PROCESSED
Note: Beginning in FY20, the accounts payable statistics are using a different reporting method. Information is now reported based on fiscal month instead of calendar month.
Our annual travel workshop will be coming up soon. Please let us if there is anything specific you would like to learn about that we didn't cover last year.
As always, if you have any questions regarding travel please call SAFS AP at 360-407-8183 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to know what budget analyst, payroll analyst and HR business partner is assigned to your agency, see our Agency Assignments webpage.
If you would like to get contact information for DES SAFS and HR staff, see our Contacts webpage.
If you have suggestions or feedback about the Small Agency Services Bulletin, please send your comments to SmallAgencyBulletin@des.wa.gov.
Back to the top.