Small Agency Services Bulletin - July 2019
|Important Dates||Important Messages||Small Agency Financial Services News||Travel Tips||Contact Us|
Your feedback is important
Please send your feedback about the Department of Enterprise Services' (DES) Small Agency Financial Services (SAFS). Your feedback helps us improve and better meet your needs. Finance welcomes your feedback at any time.
- Information on accrued expenses must be received by DES.
- All payment documents must be received by DES for payments of goods, services, and equipment received on or before June 30.
- Manual (paper) travel vouchers must be received by DES.
- Electronic travel vouchers must be approved in the Travel Expense Management System (TEMS).
- Performance measure actuals for quarter ending June 30, 2019 entered into the Results through Performance Management (RPM) system by agencies.
- To reflect in your agency's monthly financial statements, all invoices and travel reimbursement requests are due to Accounts Payable.
- 2019-21 biennium Operating and Capital allotments due
- Interagency due to / from deadline
- Phase 2 CAFR Close. Please note that during year-end close, payment batch processing may be delayed. Contact DES Accounts Payable if there are any items that require priority processing to ensure batches are paid on time.
- Phase 2 State Disclosure forms are also due to OFM Accounting. Your DES Budget Analyst will prepare and submit these forms in the system.
- The signed State Disclosure Certification is due. Your DES Budget Analyst will require your agency's signature on the certification a week before the due date. Please notify us if you will be unavailable during this time.
Back to the top.
Interagency Due To/From
DES SAFS will be balancing your interagency receivables / payables for accounts year-end. Please direct any due to / from questions to:
- Accounts Payable: Sarah Parker email@example.com
- Accounts Receivable: Ian Shelley firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiscal Year End Reminders
- Continue to submit FY19 and FY20 invoices on separate A45 batches until you hear from SAFS AP in August.
- Send your entire July US Bank statement on a single A45, even if there are charges from both fiscal years. Please note FY19 or FY20 on the statement or invoice backup and SAFS AP will ensure the charges are coded to the correct fiscal year.
Small Agency Financial Services News
DES Payroll statistics for June 2019
- 20 New Hires/Rehires
- 2 Transfer In/Transfer Outs
- 12 Separations
- 4 Walk Throughs
- 2 Overpayments
DES Accounts Payable statistics for June 2019
- 2,139 payments ($7,060,988) were processed.
- 1,854 non-travel invoices ($6,991,126) processed.
- 272 travel and other reimbursements for employees and board members/commissioners ($69,862) processed.
- 19 percent of the non-travel invoices ($548,764) were paid using delegated authority letters provided by agencies.
- 83 percent of the travel and other reimbursements were submitted and processed through the Travel and Expense Management System (TEMS).
Back to the top.
As of July 1, 2019, the Eleven Hour Rule (SAAM 10.40.50.b) has been updated to include exceptions for commissioners and board members.
For non-overnight travel assignments, the following two criteria must be met to receive a meal allowance:
- Eleven Hour Rule – a traveler may be reimbursed for meal expenses when the traveler has been in travel status for at least eleven hour.
- Volunteers an agency has legal authority to utilize, traveling to perform official state business…may be reimbursed for meal expenses when the traveler has been in travel status for at least five hours.
- Board and Commission members authorized to receive meal reimbursement, traveling to perform official business of the board and commission…may be reimbursed for meal expenses when the traveler has been in travel status for at least five hours.
- In travel status for the entire meal period – travelers must be in travel status during the entire agency-determined meal period(s) in order to qualify for the meal allowance.
If your agency has previously chosen the daily or hourly rate reimbursement method for commissioners or board members, this new five hour rule exception will not apply. If you have any questions regarding travel please call SAFS AP at (360) 407-8183 or email email@example.com.
If you have suggestions or feedback about the Small Agency Services Bulletin, please send your comments to SmallAgencyBulletin@des.wa.gov.
Back to the top.