What should I do if I have a dead battery, I am locked out of my vehicle, or I have a tire blowout?

Call Fleet Rescue Road Service at (800) 356-9316. You will be required to provide the following:

  • Voyager Card number and expiration date (charges are billed to the card so you will not receive an invoice)
  • Your pin number is required
  • Vehicle description (year, make, model and license plate)
  • Exact location of the vehicle (street address, cross street, etc.)
  • Phone number you are calling from

If Fleet Rescue is unable to get the vehicle running, have them tow the vehicle to:

  • The Fleet Operations Fones Road facility if you are in Thurston County; or
  • The nearest repair facility or dealership if you are outside Thurston County. A list of authorized vendors can be found in the vehicle glove box. Please call Fleet Operations the next business day for further instructions.

Roadside assistance is available for all 'M' plate vehicles. In all cases, be sure to contact us at (800) 542-6840 as soon as possible. Leave a message if beyond normal business hours.

I was in an accident, or noticed body damage to a state vehicle. What do I do?

  • If other parties are involved, call the police, and emergency medical services if necessary.
  • Move the vehicle out of the roadway. If you are unable to move it, call Fleet Rescue Road Service at (800) 356-9316. (This number can also be found in the vehicle glove box.)
  • Obtain information from the other drivers (driver's license and insurance information) and names of any witnesses.
  • DO NOT discuss 'fault' or make statements about the accident to anyone but the police.
  • Complete the accident report found in the brochure from the CEI Group in the glove box.
  • Call the CEI Group at 1-877-443-5777.
  • Notify Fleet Operations at (800) 542-6840 as soon as possible.
  • Follow your agency's internal accident policy.

What information should I provide to a third-party driver or their insurance company if they contact me?

You should refer them to the Department of Enterprise Services (DES), Office of Risk Management at (360) 407-9199. They will respond to inquiries and/or handle any tort claims.

What do I do if the windshield or windows on the vehicle are damaged?

You may contact Safelite Autoglass at (800) 469-3941 to make an appointment. Safelite will need to contact our Maintenance Shop for our account number for payment at (800) 542-6840.

Will Fleet Operations supply studded tires?

Fleet Operations vehicles are equipped with all-season radials, snow, or mud and snow (M/S) tires. We will not authorize the use of studded tires due to the increased wear they put on the roads, but will authorize an ice or snow tire at the expense of your agency. Fleet Operations will cover the mounting/dismounting of the tires, but your agency must store the tires when not in use.

Can I get another vehicle while mine is being repaired?

If within Thurston County, call Fleet Operations at (360) 664-9215 Option #1. Inform them of the situation, and a loaner will be issued. If outside Thurston County, call Fleet Operations at (800) 542-6840 to find the location of the nearest loaner vehicle.​

What do I do if I get a traffic or parking ticket?

The state driver is personally liable and responsible for any parking/traffic tickets and impounding. Fleet Operations receives a copy of the ticket and notifies the ATO.

Is it true that a state vehicle will not get a ticket if you park in front of a meter because it has a state decal?

Fleet Operations vehicles do not have special privileges and must adhere to all parking regulations. If a driver receives a parking ticket while driving a state vehicle, it is the driver's responsibility to pay the fine.

How can I fuel the vehicle?

Fleet Operations vehicles are equipped with two fueling cards:

1. Voyager Fuel Card, which can only be used at the pump to purchase regular unleaded fuel or car washes.

  • A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is required. If you do not know your PIN, please contact your Agency Transportation Officer or Fleet Operations at (360) 664-9215
  • If prompted for a zip code, use 98504
  • An odometer reading is required
  • Emergency roadside assistance from Fleet Rescue Road Service (800) 356-9316

2. Department of Transportation (DOT) Fuel Card, which can be used at WSDOT fueling stations by swiping the magnetic strip and entering a PIN number.

  • If you do not know your PIN number, please contact your Agency Transportation Officer or Fleet Operations at (360) 664-9215. For a list of stations, see WSDOT Fuel Stations.

Fuel cards must be kept secured at all times, and should not be stored in the vehicle. If you have a problem with a fuel card, please call the number located on the blue cardholder on the vehicle key ring. If a fuel card is lost, contact your Agency Transportation Officer immediately.

My fuel PIN is not working. What do I do?

Contact Fleet Operations at 360-664-9210 while you are at the gas station so we can verify you're in the Voyager system and that the card is not locked.

If I use my personal card to pay for fuel will I get reimbursed?

Yes, you can submit a reimbursement form with the receipt to Fleet Operations and we will reimburse you for fuel purchased.

I'm headed East over the mountains and the pass requires chains, but there are none in the vehicle, and I'm not sure if the vehicle takes chains!

Chains may be requested by submitting a Tire Chain Request to mpmaint@des.wa.gov. We need all of the information on the form in order to process your request.

I cannot make a reservation in the reservation portal because my driver's license expiration date is not up to date. How do I get this updated?

Contact Fleet Operations at (360) 664-9210 or email us at mpmaint@des.wa.gov. We are the only ones that can update your information.

I am having trouble logging into the INVERS Reservation System, and I need to reserve a vehicle. Who do I need to contact?

Please contact our Dispatch Desk at (360) 664-9215 Opt. 1, or email us at mpdispatch@des.wa.gov.

How do I get the car wash?

The easiest way to get a car wash is to go to a gas station that accepts the Voyager card and purchase a car wash at the pump when you are paying for fuel. If drivers cannot get to a co-located car wash and gas station, they can find a sample list of car washes here, but agencies are not required to only go to businesses on the list. If a car wash business can bill Fleet Operations directly for their services and they have a statewide vendor number, we will pay their bill. If they do not wish to bill for services, drivers will need to pay for the car wash at their or the agency expense and submit for credit or reimbursement. There are a few car wash businesses that require Fleet vehicles be on their list of approved vehicles, the largest business being Mister Car Wash.