In this course you will find out what your communication style is and how your style differs from others. You will learn about the strengths and challenges of the different styles and how to “flex” your style to work more effectively. You will also learn about active listening and other communication skills. These skills will enhance your ability to successfully communicate in work and personal situations.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Determine your communication style.
- Understand the strengths and challenges of the different communication styles.
- Identify how to ‘flex’ your communication style to work effectively with others.
- Develop and practice listening skills.
- Learn how to apply your knowledge and skills to a wide variety of communication situations.
Competencies covered in this course: Communication Effectiveness
Intended Audience: Public sector employees