Did you know victims or bystanders provide the initial aid on 95% of all emergencies?
CERT is a training program sponsored by Homeland Security, Region 3 that prepares you to help yourself, family, neighbors, and co-workers in the event of a disaster. During a disaster, emergency service personnel may not be able to reach everyone right away. CERT training will provide you with the necessary skills to help you save lives and protect property.
NOTE: Participants should be aware: On Day 3 of the training you will have the opportunity to practice what you have learned by participating in a disaster simulation. Casual clothing and closed toe shoes are required all three days.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify and anticipate hazards
- Prepare for disaster situations
- Reduce fire hazards in the home and workplace
- Extinguish small fires
- Conduct light search and rescue
- Set up medical treatment areas
- Apply basic medical techniques
- Help reduce survivor stress
Intended Audience: Employees involved in Safety or Risk Management programs.