You will learn the skills needed to solve the most common PC hardware and software concerns. You will participate in hands on exercises that include step-by-step repair and maintenance of the PC, optimizing PC performance and working with different operating systems. You will focus on hardware, installation and discussion of the operating systems, as well as customer relations.
NOTE: For anyone interested in the 220-701 CompTIA certification, our certified instructor will provide up to date information on how to best prepare for the exam. CompTIA certification validates the latest skills needed by computer support professionals. This exam covers technical skills such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance basic networking and safety.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Learn microcomputer hardware and software terminology.
- Handle the hardware: system boards, expansion slots, video cards, and disk drives.
- Understand computing and hardware concepts; busses, bits, and processors.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot PC’s.
- Understand the operating system: CMOS setup, BIOS and MS DOS.
- Explore the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Integrate and support the video display.
- Set up and troubleshoot printers.
- Understand and configure modems.
- LAN basics and simple troubleshooting.
- Work with multimedia.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Competencies covered in this course: Hardware Concepts, Equipment, and Software.
Intended Audience: Public Employees interested in becoming a computer support technician or anyone interested in moving into the information technology career field.