This course is for those with little or no experience delivering classroom training. It will teach you how to meet the needs of your participants, how to develop a subject into a training session, and how to use activities and learning aids. Topics to be covered include: difference between training, facilitating and presenting; proper ice-breaker exercises; appropriate training methodologies; addressing needs of the learners; reviewing subject matter throughout the training; and when and how to use evaluation tools.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the difference between training, facilitating, and presenting.
- Select or design proper icebreaker exercises.
- Transition smoothly from one subject to the next.
- Choose the right training design approach.
- Identify different types of evaluation tools and learn when to use them effectively throughout your class.
Competencies covered in this course: Teaching & Training, Verbal Communication
Intended Audience: Public sector employees.