(Former Title: HELP II: Ethical Leadership & Decision Making)
This Leadership Liability Prevention Academy (LLPA) course will give managers, supervisors and HR professionals an in-depth look at the world of ethics as it applies to your positions and working relationships with your employees. You will learn to recognize and respond to ethical dilemmas, the role of ethics in decision making, and learn when to report ethical issues given guidelines and state laws.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Know latest case law and Washington Executive Ethics Board rulings on ethics.
- Recognize ethical dilemmas and how to respond to them.
- Understand the meaning of “Ethical Leadership”.
- Explain the purposes of a Code of Conduct & ethics policies.
- Give examples of conflicts of interest and how to manage them.
- Articulate the concept of the “manager’s reach”.
Competencies covered in this course: Ethics and integrity, enforcing laws, rules and regulations, performance leadership
Intended Audience: Supervisors, managers, agency ethics advisors, and HR professionals.